30 November 2008

Caramel Cake with Caramelized Butter Frosting *OR* Better late than never

I was supposed to have this posted yesterday, but due to some technical issues with the ridiculous Windows Movie Maker, I couldn't finish until today. (No comments from the "If you wouldn't procrastinate" people, please.)

This month, the Daring Bakers challenge was hosted by Dolores of Chronicles in Culinary Curiosity, Alex of Blondie and Brownie, and Jenny of Foray into Food. And what was this challenge? Caramel Cake with Caramelized Butter Frosting bearing from Shuna Fish Lydon of Eggbeater, as published on Bay Area Bites. (whew! total mouthful there...hmmm and yes, I've decided that pun was intended.)

If you know me, you would understand how incredibly excited I was about this one. In the end it was mostly about caramelization of sugar and not so much about caramel, but it was still fun, even though it wasn't this mountain of caramelicious nirvana that I dreamt of.

Instead of a boring write-up, here's a "magical" video of what happened... (and what does caramel cake have to do with Riverdance? Only one thing that I know...they are beloved by me.)

8 comments:

A said...

Haha! Brilliant! I love the video! I will probably try doing that one day.

mostly ugly said...

Nice Trish. I wish I could have eaten that!

The Irreverent Cook said...

Lol, love the vid!

nikkita said...

Hahaa I love your video presentation! You're right, write-ups can be a bit dull. Love your humour ^_^

Tricia said...

ahmad - i actually started making videos because I thought it would be easier than writing it out...boy was I wrong. but it is a good change of pace.

mej - i wish you could have too.

irreverent & nikkita - thanks. i had fun making it.

Baker at Law said...

First, you cake is absolutely lovely. I also like that you put the process into video form and showed your steps along the way. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Loved the music in conjugation with the recipe. The cake looks smashing and so lovely. Happy hoildays to you and your kin.

Sheltie Girl said...

You did a beautiful job on your cake!

Natalie @ Gluten a Go Go