26 March 2008

Choice Goods Wednesday!

The few minutes that it took me to get to sleep last night were spent deciding today's choice good: St Ives Apricot Scrub.

There. I've admitted it. No, it's not organic. No, it doesn't cost more than a Starbucks. And, yes, you can even buy it in Walmart.

Another admission: I use it every day. I know you only need to exfoliate once a week. But I don't care. I love the scrubbing. I love those little bits that beat the dry skin into submission. You can psycho-analyze that and get back to me on what it means. But there is something about literally scrubbing the dirt off my face that is very pleasing to me. Plus, I get the added benefit of softening my fingers at the same time.

The cool thing about it being so cheap is that I can actually use a decent amount and not feel bad. I've had spendy exfoliants before, but I had to be so miserly to make them last as long as possible. With Apricot Scrub, I have the freedom to exfoliate my whole body if I want.

I've also tried Burt's Bees Peach and Willowbark Scrub and Alba Pineapple Enzyme Scrub and they are both amazing. But they also cost three times as much for half the amount and the whole issue of freedom is called into question again. So, yes, I definitely recommend them, but for our household right now, we're lovers of St. Ives. (Notice I say "we." Dug is a scrubber of his face, too. There's something manly about using the equivalent of sandpaper on your face, right?)

Say what you will, St Ives Apricot Scrub...it's choice.

1 comment:

Pugs in Space said...

A super cheap scrub is to mix baking soda with Cetaphil cleanser (or any other facial cleanser you use). Super economical and much more gentle on your face as the "grains" of baking soda are round and smooth therefore do not tear and injure your skin like ground up apricot seeds do.